Cosmetic Facial Acupuncture is a safe, painless, “drug and toxin” free, non-surgical facelift that is done using acupuncture. It is a highly effective method both to slow and reverse the signs of aging and Dr. Michael Mason-Wood is one of a handful of acupuncturists with extensive training in a modern adaptation of this ancient art. Renowned for his skilful hands, Dr. Mason-Wood locates specific points on the face and body with a knowing sensitivity and touch that his patients often refer to as intuitive.
A course of Cosmetic Facial Acupuncture treatments can easily smooth many years of aging away, allowing one to let go of their chronological age, while rediscovering the youth and vitality of younger years. Millions of men and women rush to their dermatologist and plastic surgeon in search of perfection and a more youthful appearance. While Botox, Restylne, Collagen, and Lasers treat specific areas, Cosmetic Facial Acupuncture is able to reverse the signs of aging on the entire face.
- Elimination of lines between the nose, mouth and upper lip
- Elimination of facial fine lines and large wrinkles
- Softening and filling of “smile lines” and “frown lines”
- Firmer jowls and minimizing of double chins
- Reduced bags and puffiness under the eyes
- Diminished blemishes and smoothing of acne scars
- Revitalized skin tone and texture; improves facial color
- Eliminates facial edema and puffiness and lifts droopy eyelids
- Tightens pores and brightens face
No one is too young or too old to begin a Cosmetic Facial Acupuncture protocol, as treatment should be considered at the first signs of aging. Sun worshippers and individuals with thin skin may start treatment in their late 20’s; women and men in their 30’s, 40’s, 50’s, 60’s and beyond can all benefit from the anti-aging and age reversing effects of treatments.
As acupuncture is known as the medicine that treats the whole person (body, mind, and spirit) the Cosmetic Facial Acupuncture course of treatments not only addresses the causes of aging and stress signs that show on the face, it also addresses the whole body’s health and underlying cause of aging.
Therefore, depending on your health concerns, you will experience the following additional benefits:
- Acne improvement (caused by hormonal imbalance)
- Helps menopause, perimenopause, PMS and other female issues
- Helps sinus congestion and headaches (except severe migraines)
- Improves thyroid function
- Reduces symptoms of toothache, TMJ, trigeminal neuralgia, and Bell’s palsy
- Treats diarrhea and constipation (most digestive issues)
- Can help insomnia and dizziness
- Helps depression and aids self-esteem
- Retards hair loss and hair greying
- Improves metabolism
- Reduces stress and promotes relaxation
Conditions to Avoid (Contraindications)
- bruise or bleed easily (hemophiliacs, etc.)
- on certain medications who could bleed easier (aspirin, Coumadin, warfarin, flavex, ginkgo, vitamin E, vitamin B3 (niacin), etc.)
- have high blood pressure (unless it is under control)
- experience severe migraines (must be clear for 3-6 months prior to treatment)
- have had cosmetic surgery in the last 6 months
- have had laser resurfacing in the last 3 weeks
- have pace makers
- have a cold or flu
- have allergic reactions
- are pregnant
How Many Treatments?
One treatment will give your skin a ‘boost’ and add color to you face. A course of treatments will result in improvements that are long lasting. For optimum results, 10-15 treatments in succession on a weekly or biweekly basis are recommended. Monthly maintenance treatments should be done thereafter.
How Successful is Cosmetic Facial Acupuncture?
A study published in the International Journal of Clinical Acupuncture showed that of 300 people who received Cosmetic Facial Acupuncture, 90% saw marked results after one course of treatment. How long your new look lasts will depend on yourlifestyle, and whether you are willing to address other areas that may need attention such as exercise, nutrition and stress reduction. At a fraction of the cost of other procedures, Cosmetic Facial Acupuncture is a sound alternative that can restore your radiant glow both inside and out.