A big part of our practice is working with Environmental Medicine, which we define as working with one’s environment with the intention of creating the conditions for health for yourself and the planet. We address the quality of the air, food, and water, as well as other products we put in or on our bodies.
Support your menstrual cycle with seeds by Dr. Chris Bjorndal
Do you struggle with mood swings prior to your menstrual cycle? Can you cry at a Kleenix commercial during this time? Or are you extra irritable and slightly more prone to anger just before your period? Remember that most hormone conditions, such as,
Here are some yummy holiday recipes compliments of Dr. Haarsma and Dr. McCarthy.
Spice Rub: Try the following spice rub on your holiday turkey this year to add flavour without adding unhealthy fats.
Prep Time 5 minutes
- 3 tablespoons coconut palm sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried rubbed sage
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoons ground coriander
- Combine sugar and spices.
Roasted Beet and Citrus Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette
Yields: 6 side servings
- 3 small red beets, peeled and sliced into 6 wedges each
- 3 small golden beets, peeled and sliced into 6 wedges each
- 2 tbsp olive oil or Camelina oil
- 1 blood orange,