10 Reasons you need to see a Naturopathic Doctor
- You want to maintain your health
- You want to prevent getting a chronic health condition, such as, heart disease, cancer, mental health, Type 2 diabetes
- You want to see how good you can actually feel
- You want to become a “Super Senior”. A Super Senior is someone over the age of 85 that has never had or does not take medication for one of the following health concerns: cancer, heart disease, osteoporosis, type 2 diabetes, dementia/Alzheimer’s or pulmonary diseases (COPD, emphysema)
- You are sick and tired of being tired and sick
- You want to know if there is a natural alternative to the prescription medications you are taking
- You don’t know what supplements to take, which ones are good quality or what does is necessary
- Your doctor tells you your symptoms are all in your head
- You are confused about all the diets out there and don’t know what to eat
- The medications you take cause side effects, which require you to take another medication, which causes another side effect. You are concerned about this poly-pharmacy approach.
As naturopathic doctors, the following principles guide us:
~ Treat the cause: NDs seek to identify and remove the underlying causes of illness, rather than to merely eliminate or suppress symptoms.
~ First, do no harm: therapies should stimulate the body to heal in a gentle and effective manner, not causing unwanted side effects.
~ Treat the whole person: Health and disease involve a complex interaction of physical, spiritual, mental, emotional, genetic, environmental, and social factors. NDs must treat the whole person by considering all these factors; therefore, a personalized and comprehensive approach to diagnosis and treatment is required.
~ Doctor as teacher: NDs educate and encourage patients to take responsibility for their health.
~ The healing power of nature: use natural therapies that encourage the body to heal itself.
~ Prevention: The ultimate goal of Naturopathic Medicine is prevention. This is accomplished through education and promotion of lifestyle habits that foster good health. The emphasis is on building health and using prevention as the best cure, rather than fighting disease.
Get started on the road to optimal health today! Contact us at 587-521-3595.